- The failure of the state government to advocate the issue of permanent residence strongly in the Nainital High Court.
- Its failure to enforce Article 371 regarding a ban on the sale and purchase of land in the state by outsiders.
- The state government did not contest the shooting cases at Muzaffarnagar, Khatima, Mussoorie and Karanpur in Dehradun in the CBI court, leading to acquittal of the accused.
- It did not formulate any policy regarding natural disasters nor did it undertake any measures for rehabilitation.
- It did not fulfil its promise of providing 12 cylinders in one year to every family.
- The government did not take any decision on reservation in promotions despite the directions of the high court and the Supreme Court in this regard.
- It burdened transporters by increasing road tax.
- Scams in various institutions like Pant Nagar University, Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, and Pravidiki.
Home » UKD gives ultimatum to govt Asks it to discuss burning issues or the party will withdraw support » UKD gives ultimatum to govt Asks it to discuss burning issues or the party will withdraw support
Dehradun, February 18
The Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) has given an ultimatum to the state government to discuss the burning issues till February 28 or, otherwise, it will be forced to withdraw support to it. However, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna did not give much weightage to the ultimatum.
The Chief Minister, while speaking to mediapersons at a function here today, said the UKD leaders were free to take any decision as it did not affect the stability of his government. “The ultimatum does not hold any ground in such a situation,” he said.
President of the UKD Trivender Singh Panwar was asked why he wanted to wait till the last time when all these months the state government did not pay heed to their demands. Trivender replied that when those awarded death sentences were given one last chance to plead for mercy, they too could give the Bahuguna government a last chance to save the alliance.
Trivender told mediapersons that “The state government never consulted us on any decision. It also never took the UKD views seriously. Hence, it is the last chance to see whether the government is interested in soliciting our opinion on various matters.”
Asked about Urban Development Minister and party MLA Preetam Singh Panwar’s open defiance of the UKD on the issue of the withdrawal of support from the Bahuguna government, Trivender said, “Preetam Singh is free to align with the Congress or any other party. We have nothing to do with him. No one, be it MLA or minister, can be above the party.”
Trivender was asked about the unveiling of a statue of former Chief Minister Hemavati Nandan Bahuguna by Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at a shopping complex on Rajpur Road today and naming it after his father while stalwart leader Indermani Badoni’s statue was still in neglect. He replied both leaders were venerable and of equal stature.
Those who found Badoni lesser than HN Bahuguna in any way were not loyal residents of the state, he said.
uttarakhandnews1.blogspot.in. When Dhoni was 10 years old boy MS Dhoni in his village at Lawali, Almora , Uttarakhand. ...
uttarakhandnews1.blogspot.in Dehradun, October 20 Eleven Territorial Army (TA) officers, after one to two years of tenure at their ...
uttarakhandnews1.blogspot.in दादी तुम से ही तो है दुनिया ये मेरी .. .
uttarakhandnews1.blogspot.in Haridwar, October 29 For the first time since the creation of Uttarakhand, an Indian Ar...
भयानक हादसा : वेदिखाल से निचे खाई मै गिरी बस और जाकर चीड़ के पैड मे फस गई| भरी नुक्सान की आशंका जताई जा रही हे।
uttarakhandnews1.blogspot.in Kotdwara, September 30 Urvashi Rautela, who was crowned Miss Universe India 2012 recently, said she wa...
Dehradun. Eligible for mandatory transfer of teachers has been released. The spokesman for the inaccessible accessible cadre of 113 and ...
पोडी : 22 जुलाई 2016 कोटद्वार पौड़ी राष्ट्रीय राजमार्ग पर आजकल भरी वर्षा के कारण मार्ग बंद होने की संभावना रहती है यह तस्वीर भी आज ...
uttarakhandnews1.blogspot.in Haridwar, January 15 Women in the hill region are opposing the decision of the authorities to shift ...