A 50-year-old actress died due to a snake bite on Wednesday in Hansabad, West Bengal. This actress named Kalidasi Devi was playing the role of Goddess of Snakes. Every year the actress used to do this character with plastic snakes, but this time it was decided to perform it with 2 real snakes. The snake bit the actress when she was giving live performance. They were taken to an Ojha after watching the snake slipping down from the poison, but the actress did not get any benefit. After this she was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared her dead. Hospital doctors said – If the patient was provided medical treatment at the time, her life could be saved. The police has taken the theater board into custody for investigation .
Questions are being raised that why was it allowed to perform with real snakes? Usually in such a performance, it is first satisfied that the venom of snake has been removed or not. Local people are now demanding Ojha’s arrest.
The post Actress performing on stage with live snakes dies after being bitten appeared first on Uttarakhand News Network.